Let it Snow: Daddy & Son Matching Hats

Sunday, January 7, 2018

In this series of posts, Let it Snow, I'm going to share things to help keep you warm so you can have fun in the cold.
So . . . let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!



We've had some COLD weather lately, so I used this 'Michael Beanie' pattern from Ravelry to make hats for both daddy and son! Using Caron Tea Cakes that I found at Michaels, I used the color 'Lady Grey' to make these wool-blend hats. 

Because Caron Tea Cakes come in 5 variegated colors on one skien, I didn't have to change colors as I made these hats. It created these blocks of colors that made the hats similar using the same color scheme without making them exactly the same. 

The pattern for this hat comes in sizes premie and newborn, so I had to make some adjustments. Here's what you'll need to make your own daddy and son hats:
For the child-sized hat:
  • Follow the pattern for the newborn hat (not premie) with these changes:
  • Size J hook 
  • I used a magic circle in the beginning, and I made the hat longer. 
For the adult hat:
  • Follow the pattern for the newborn hat (not premie) with these changes:
  • Size J hook
  • Put 11 DC into the magic circle and make the hat longer. 
Finishing:
  • On BOTH hats, after the HDC round at the end of the pattern, I did a SC round in the 3rd loop of the HDC, then another SC round. 

I'm also really excited that I found this tutorial for How to Make a Fur Pom Pom by Crochet 365 Knit Too. It's so simple, and these faux fur pom poms look awesome! They are simple to make, and it's MUCH cheaper than buying faux fur pom poms. I just got a great deal at Joann's, so if you hurry, you can get it on sale too!

  




No comments

Credits

Powered by Blogger.